Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Instagram = Annoying

I was just sitting here wondering what my next blog post would be.  Has anything happened on Facebook that has annoyed me enough to blog about?  I asked myself.  Funny enough, it was something I found on Twitter that got my gears going ... Instagram.

You've all seen these photos.  The ones your friends post of the most mundane things that come across as sad attempts at trying to make their lives look whimsical and intriguing.  You know, photos like these:

Just enjoying a cup of coffee after my morning jaunt around the city!

Burger and fries ... yummmm.

Stupid trucks kicking rocks into my windshield!

Just got back from a day of shopping!  Don't mind the mess ;)

Love the view from my office!
What started as a somewhat cool idea of turning smartphone users into sort of amateur photographers via phone application has just taken off into more of an annoying firestorm of wannabe professional photographers ... to me, at least.  Although I am guilty of posting a bazillion photos of my goofy mutt,  I can't say I would jump at the thought of posting a picture of my Grande Caramel Frappuccino (light) onto my Facebook page for all to gawk at.  Just because it adds some sort of distorted coloring and "antique" look (can't forget the frame!) doesn't make it any more interesting than it already is.  I get it.  You work in a city, in an office with windows.  Wow!  You ate lunch today?!  Me too!

Not to say that photos taken of someone's coffee on a ledge without the weird embellishments Instagram provides aren't annoying as well;  They are.  However, at least the poster isn't using some awkward phone application to make the coffee look amazing or hip.

Mary-Jane is sooooo chic.  She's always sipping lattes, and shopping, and working, and doing laundry!  She's sooooo interesting!  She sure has done a lot for herself since graduating high school!

Ok. Really?

Don't even get me started on people who buy expensive cameras and automatically think they are pros.  I've taken photography classes over the years, (you know, the ones where you'd have a darkroom and were required to develop your own film?) and I still don't consider myself a photographer.  That's for another time, though!

I am actually craving a Grande Caramel Frappuccino right now.  Stay tuned for an overstated photo of it sitting in my car's cup holder in the near future.

**Note: Since logging off of this and checking Facebook (three minutes at the most), I've come across three Instagram photos.**

No comments:

Post a Comment